BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

&& I smile

I try so hard to push you out of my head
But my traiterous heart is still your
Biggest fan
So I try to just recall the good days
The happy times that are so far gone
They're my comfort when nothing else
In my topsy-turvy world is going right
I try to resurrect moments I've locked away
In the deep recesses of my memory
And with them, I open the floodgates
Of so many days long past
Moments I'd forgotten
Other things I'd rather never again remember
But nevertheless, I smile to myself
Because at one time, you were mine
My Prince Charming, My White Knight
You loved me for all my flaws
You soldiered me through crisis
You showed me what real love could be
And taught me not to take a single day for granted
You showed me the beauty of lands I'd never seen
Gave me the most precious gift in this world
It makes it all worth reliving again
Makes the tears and the pain all worth it
In the end...

And I smile...

0 comments: