BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Adventures in Vejle

Monday was my day off. I was so excited about Silver Dollar City!! So I got up, got dressed, and drove across town, totally stoked about riding a rollercoaster!! I love rollercoasters!! I get there, after getting lost twice, and there's a sign sitting next to the main gate: "Closed Until Thursday". :( So no rollercoaster for me. O well, so I had to find a new adventure-worthy place! :)
I drove around, thought about going to the IMAX or Tanger. Those seemed too high-maintenance. Too many tourists. So, I decided to go down to Historic Branson to The Landing. I'd never been, and it's right on the water. It's a sort've strip mall but it's kind've like an old city street. Idk how to explain it, except to say if you've ever been to Vejle, Denmark, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. :) It took me back to a time when things weren't so uncertain, and I needed that. They have so many wonderful original & franchised stores. The best part of all, it's right on the water, and there's fountains with a lightshow. I kind've felt like I'd found a new 'Happy Place'. I didn't spend much and I didn't do any serious shopping, but the whole experience was just peaceful. It felt really good. :)


 




0 comments: