BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

"So glad you called.."

A few hours ago, I had every intention of making this post about my wonderful day at Silver Dollar City. But the last few hours have been another story altogether.
Tonight, I recieved a text message from a friend back home in Louisiana. He text, saying "Goodbye, I won't be here tomorrow. Just so you know whatever happens, I love you like a big sister." My heart hit my feet. I text him back and forth a few more times, when he admitted to having taken a bottle of pills, and that he was working on a second.
At this point, I was stunned. All I could think to do was call anyone in my phonebook who might know the address to his house. When I finally got his address, I called 911. The dispatch here in Missouri looked up the number for the PD in Rayville where he lives. I called them. They dispatched an officer out to his house. He was rushed to the hospital, in critical condition.
What if I had been like all the rest of his friends that just said "it's typical Robbie, he's just bluffing, wanting attention"? I wouldn't have been able to live with myself when I got that phone call tomorrow, saying he'd overdosed. I don't know how anyone else could have reacted any different? I don't understand.
Suicide is a serious thing. I've been there, and it's a real sickness. You just want to stop hurting, and it's not necessarily that you want to die, you just want the pain to go away. I think that's why he text me. He didn't want to die, he just wanted to stop the overwhelming pain that was eating him up inside.

0 comments: