BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Places

Tonight I posted on my Facebook, just listing all these places that I'm looking at apartments & jobs & land features & real estate offers, just so my friends could know kind've where I stand. I have really been thinking about San Francisco or Sonoma, Seattle, New York, Dallas, Houston, Charleston, Washington DC, and a few smaller places. Currently, San Francisco has my fascination. Of course, my lease isn't up until the end of the year, and my finances have got to majorly stabilize before I can make any major decisions. But I will prepared for it this time around.

Anyway, I had some comments saying I should come back to Gulf Shores. I realized in that moment, more clearly than I've ever seen it, that I might be a California girl raised in Louisiana but my heart/my home will always be on the Coast. Gulf Shores/Orange Beach/Foley/Silverhill will always be where home is. So many wonderful things happened in those winds, along with lots of bad, but I think that's still where I was supposed to be. If I had been a normal person, not killed myself with working 90+ hours a week, and just enjoyed life..I think I could have loved it from the beginning, and not just now come to the realization of what was staring me in the face all along.

It's funny how when you leave a place, you realize just how much everyone and everything you're leaving behind really meant. You realize how precious time is. And, regrettably, how much you wasted it.

0 comments: