BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Too Far North?

I got to do birthday parties at work today!!! I was so excited & I had so much fun. I stayed in constant motion all day & it kept my mind on things other than everything i shouldn't be thinking about.
Anyway, the funny things about today would only be funny to us Southerners that call these things "tradition".
I put an extra candle on each birthday cake I did today, which is what we call "one to grow on". Well, apparently Missouri's a little behind the times. Lol. Every party had atleast one person that asked why there was an extra candle on the cake. I had to literally bite my lips to keep from doubling over in hysterics! Why do you people not know this????? Really. :)
The restaurant got in the weeds in the midst of my last party. I was helping run drinks & take care of tables. Even made a little cash out of it. Not too shabby. ;) Sooooo...I had a lady aske me for an iced tea...Of course, out of habit, my first question was "Sweet or Unsweet?" She & our cashier looked at me really funny, like I had 10 heads or something. Yea, seems I'm too far north for silly commodities such as SWEET tea. It was definitely a jawdropper. :)
With my couple dollars I made in tips, I stopped by McDonald's (Walmart, I always mix them up). :) I had to get some ziploc bags to seperate my chicken breasts & leeks from my grocery run the other night. I always sort through the $5 bin. Hehe. I seldom find something decent, and if I do, I usually already have it. I have alot of chik-fliks. && I rarely find one of those 4-in-1's that doesn't have 3 of the movies I already have plus 1 great one I've never seen! Hehe. This one has 3 movies I DON'T have & have NEVER seen, and just 1 I already have. && it's $5???? YES!!!!

0 comments: